Held on a floating barge in Mill Bay, “Barge On In” is comprised of two nights (September 29th and 30th from 6-9pm) that mark the beginning of Cowichan’s Savour Cowichan Festival. Both evenings feature a mix and mingle taster format that includes artisanal beer, wine, cider, spirits and plenty of exquisite food. Also scheduled are live and silent auctions, plus appearances by Canucks Alumni including Kirk McLean, Dave Babych, Jyrki Lumme, Darcy Rota and other special guests. Funds raised go to the Canucks Autism Network for programs within the Cowichan community.
Parking & Shuttle
Cheers Cowichan will be providing a FREE shuttle from the Parking areas Lot 1 & Lot 2 to the barge docks from 5 – 6:30 and returning 8:45 – 9:15. These shuttles will run every 10 minutes. See map below.
We are also excited to announce a door to door shuttle is provided by Cheers Cowichan 250-710-7391.
$30 round trip per person in greater Cowichan, call for private group rate.
Pick up available from a location or local residence. Call or click for an estimate.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- The barge is tented so rain or shine the event will be hosted.
- Dress is business casual, however there is always a skew.
- The barge is located at the end of the Mill Bay doc at 740 Handy Road
- Parking is available in selected areas and can be found here.
- Shoes, please wear comfortable shoes as the ground on the barge is concrete and can at times be slightly uneven
- Children at the event are not allowed with one exception – babes in arm by way of carried or carrier. Due to space issues strollers etc can not be brought on to the barge.
- No outside food or drink is allowed on board.
- Need to change the night you are attending? Please contact us in advance. If you are not able to, please come to the event on the night you would like to attend and speak to the ticketing person.
- Must be over 19 to consume.