Eat at Unsworth
- Goldstream Provincial Park – Driving up from Victoria, stop at Goldstream Provinical park to see the annual salmon run, where thousands of salmon swim up the river to spawn from late October to early December. Walk up to the Nature House and look out into the estuary for bald eagles and hawks who frequent the park at this exciting time of year to feed on the salmon.
- Malahat Summit Lookout – Pull over at the Malahat Summit Lookout to soak in the spectacular views over the Inlet and surrounding areas. On a clear day, you’ll be able to spot downtown Victoria to your left. Straight ahead, you might even see the town of Port Angeles across the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Take a few moments to enjoy the view before continuing on your journey through Cowichan.
- Downtown Duncan – Make your way to Downtown Duncan, a charming town centre with lots to see and do. Start with a self-guided Totem Tour Walk to see the 40+ totem poles (one of the largest public totem pole displays in the world!) and visit the Saturday Farmer’s Market which is on year-round, rain or shine. Stop into one of many local restaurants for a bite to eat.
- Kinsol Trestle – A short drive south, visit the historic Kinsol trestle in Cobble Hill. It’s one of the tallest free-standing timber rail trestle structures in the world! Walk above the salmon-bearing Koksilah River, and enjoy the spectacular view from this incredible structure.
- Dinner at Unsworth Vineyard Bistro – After you’ve worked up an appetite, relax and enjoy your evening with a seasonally-inspired dinner at Unsworth Vineyard. Choose from a three-course menu for two for $90 (or 2 courses for $70), available Friday and Saturday night in the Unsworth Dining Room. Delight in the view over the vineyards while you’re nestled in the restored early 1900s farmhouse – whimsically welcoming with charm and heritage.