High Octane Day
One Day Trip
A trip to Cowichan offers all kinds of adventures, from the laid back and extreme to everything in between.
- 7:30 am Up and at ‘em! It’s daybreak in Duncan and time to grab a hearty breakfast at the Duncan Garage before heading west to Lake Cowichan.
- 8:30 am On your way, you pull off Highway 18 to watch the kayakers negotiating the crazy rapids at Skutz Falls.
- 10:00 am Once you arrive at the town of Lake Cowichan, you divert southwest along the Pacific Marine Circle Route to visit to visit the 13-foot wide Harris Creek Sitka Spruce tree. (N48o39.612 W124o13.542)
- 1:00 pm Back in Lake Cowichan, you and your friends rent a canoe and spend the afternoon looking for Mesachie Man and Stin-Qua (look them up).
- 4:00 pm You head back to Duncan and continue to the base of Mt. Tzouhalem and ride Resurrection, the newest black double-diamond trail.
- 6:00 pm At twilight, and completely beat, you pack up the bikes and head to the Genoa Bay café for their famous Bird’s Eye Cove Highland Beef Burger.